"Wanderlust"

"Wanderlust" -- I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met... The best dreams happen when you're awake!

Monday, February 17, 2014

Bonjour!


Officially made it to Paris, France!! It still seems absolutely surreal! I knew I had one mission before I even took my first steps onto France ...I needed to see the Eiffel Tower light up and sparkle at night. It has been one of my biggest dreams since I was a little girl.

We seen the magnificent Mona Lisa in the Louvre, which is one of the largest museums and historical monuments in the world! Visited Notre Dame, more famously known from Disney's "Hunchback of Notre Dame", or at least for me! Of course we had to indulge ourselves in escargot, duck, and macarons!  The food was pure perfection, and the service was quite good despite what we were warned! The waiters even helped us decipher the menus, haha! I did pick up a few phrases which really helped me out with the locals, probably helps having a French last name too!! The Love Lock Bridge was a must-see as well! The legend says that if you put a lock on the bridge and throw away the key, you will have an unbreakable love. Did I put one on? Heck yes I did! I was even able to put my lock for my boyfriend and I on the original bridge (which is quite difficult due to how many locks are there). Hopefully when we come back we might be able to find it!


And finally..we seen the Eiffel Tower. I will probably always remember seeing it for the first time as I rounded the corner and someone said "LOOK UP!" ...it took my breath away in an instant! I couldn't believe I was in Paris..THE Paris, with the Eiffel Tower right in front of me! I'll be honest, I had to tear just for a second! But then since we were oh so close, we HAD to reach the tip-top over 1,000 ft high (which for size comparison, is like stacking Lady Liberty 3 times!!) Now, being afraid of heights, I had to quickly get over the fact that I needed to reach the top! The elevator zipped us up faster than any elevator I had ever been on EVER! It probably had something to do with us being able to see the outside world get smaller and smaller. The view was incredible, you could see all of Paris! Some even toasted with champagne for 12 euro a glass!

Then, the night I had been waiting for- our last night!! We had a dinner cruise that left right in front of the Eiffel Tower. We were on our way...rather sprinting through the streets of Paris to catch our cruise when we decided to catch the next one. We all took a moment to take pictures of the Eiffel Tower glowing..when it magically began to sparkle!! Everything I had been waiting for!! All 20,000 lights flickered blue in the night- no picture or video could ever do it justice! It left me in awe for the entire 10 minutes, never taking my eyes away from it. I don't think I could even if I wanted to!

We seen the Eiffel Tower light up 3 more times before we left (it lights up every hour on the hour for only 10 minutes). Each time was nearly as amazing as the first. Nearly ran into a couple light posts because of how many times we would be walking and I would turn around to grab another glance.





No comments:

Post a Comment