"Wanderlust"

"Wanderlust" -- I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met... The best dreams happen when you're awake!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

La Pedrera | Casa Milà

.
One of the most stunning buildings in all the world- La Pedrera! Built by one of my favorite architects- Antoni Gaudí. He used many different aspects for inspiration- pine cones, nautilus shells, a python skeleton, ears of corn, branches and much more. For the cabinet and door knobs he molded them by grabbing onto clay with his hands for a more natural feel. He was truly ahead in his time of understanding how light worked- larger windows for more light on the lower levels. With him, everything had a purpose.









With every blink..I feel I am falling head over heels with this city!






1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have made some new friends. Great photos! Enjoy. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete