"Wanderlust"

"Wanderlust" -- I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met... The best dreams happen when you're awake!

Saturday, January 18, 2014

La Sagrada Família


"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." 




I knew I loved the work of Antoni Gaudi..but I could have never been prepared to see his most prized work- La Sagrada Família! Nothing short of amazing with the colorful stained glass mosaics, columns that branch off like trees towards the ceiling and exquisite detail in every sculpture! He actually molded the animals out of living animals after they had been temporarily anesthetized, just to capture every possible detail. They estimate that the construction will be done in the year 2026, some doubt it will be done by then because they still have so much to add! Just three years ago, it didn't have a roof! It constantly changes everyday, except Sundays- which is for 'Siestas' (rest). Those are my favorite days! Haha. But in all honesty, I truly felt my breath get taken away several times during my visit, chills with how mesmerizing every blink was.

No comments:

Post a Comment